Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Day off

It is funny to have a day off here in Iraq, you never feel like you have a day off. Because other people don't have the day off it is boring because you sit around and do nothing. But it is nice to get out of the day grind here. Today I woke up around 1100 but felt like crap because I was dehydrated yesterday.
I have been rather unmotivated since I found out I couldn't go home for Ava's birth. The gazebo that Klinge and I have been building is just sitting there waiting for the roof to be built on it. There are other reasons it isn't finished, one is that it is getting too hot to do anything outside after 1000. Yesterday it was 116 Degrees and today it is around the same.
Today I was hoping the Haji shops would be open so I could buy a DVD or two to watch. But again today the camp is closed to them for security reasons. We'll try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home