Getting away
It is amazing there is a place here that you can almost forget that you are stuck in the middle of Iraq. A couple days ago I started going to the pool that just opened. Except for the Apaches and Blackhawks, you can forget where you are. It is strange to be without so much but yet have a pool that probably half the soldiers have no time to visit. When I am there I do feel lucky that I can enjoy the cool water because of our new work schedule. We now work so we miss the hottest part of the day. So naturally I go to the pool at that time.
Others in our company probably hate us because we get off in the afternoon, but I know I can do more work when it is cooler. Right now in a 4 hour period I do more work than I did working the whole day before. I know now the people I work with in the Motor Pool feel pretty much the same way, except when we get pulled for special projects; I guess since we are off in the afternoon they think that we are available for the extra. If that keeps up we will just go back to our old schedule and only half of the work in the Motor Pool will get done. The ball is in their court now.
Today's High was 109.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home