Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Hola Again!

Yeah, I know, finally a post right! Yes I have been slacking, but just on posting. We have been so busy the last 3 months. First it started because "Higher HQ" decided to take 9 of our soldiers and station them somewhere else. Mistake!!! Now Postal Operations is slammed with incoming and outgoing mail, mostly outgoing. So we are taking up the slack by taking charge of the Haji guard at the Post Office. When it first started Klinge and I were taking turns doing it. Now when I say doing Haji guard we start by going out to the gate around 7:30 in the morning to pick up the Local Nationals (Hajis). After waiting an hour in line to get them checked in we take them to the post office to work. They are putting in tile, painting and installing AC units there. Suppose to take 2 weeks, yeah we are on Day 22! They are good people and hard workers, finishing up around 5:00. Then back to the gate to sign them out, thank Allah, God or whoever Wiccans worship, that it only takes 15 mins to sign them out.
Just to update you on everything:
~The unit's barracks are now trailers, so now most everyone is in a two man room. That is got to be one of the best things that has happened to us since we got here.
~The motorpool had it's first soldier go on R & R, congrats to Spec Ricky Barrett for going home to see his wife and new baby. Spec Meadows and Spec Buchanan are also on leave but not before we filmed a short movie
~The motorpool filmed a short movie, oh I guess I already said that. Nothing special, just a movie that makes fun of us and how serious we take our jobs here.
~We have a tentative date to return to the states, "Drumroll, please" End of February
~I am working on my next video to send out to who ever wants it, It is my 3 video. I know that you all are saying, "Hey wait, I never got #2". That is because the postal system lost the spindle of DVD+R discs, imagine that!.

Well in closing I promise to update update update. Today I realized that it's not just family and friends reading this, a freelance writer from Wired.com wrote me today and said he has been reading my blog. So that was cool to know that my life is interesting even to normal people in the world. Oops, ok everyone that made the face, you all are normal too. Wait except for my sister Kelli, she is living in Florida just waiting for a Hurricane to take her away.
Adios

2 Comments:

At September 27, 2004 at 8:37 AM, Blogger Cigarette Smoking Man from the X-Files said...

About that whole "update update update" thing... LOL!

Just yankin' your chain.

Oh, and Wiccans worship "the God and the Goddess". ;)

Have fun!

 
At October 15, 2004 at 12:07 AM, Blogger Michael Whitney said...

Yes,Yes I know "UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home