Back from R&R, Part 1
I was blessed with the chance to enjoy 3 weeks away from Taji and spend 15 days with the family back in Kansas. I was feeling frazzled the last couple weeks and did not think I could make it another 4 months in country. I was one of the last in our unit to go and I have to say I was lucky that I left when I did. I left right when the assault on Fallujah was starting so I wasn't sure if they would cancel leave. They didn't, thank God, but with the build up of troops around Fallujah the insurgents relocated. I guess since Taji is about an hour away some picked it. There was an increase of rocket and mortar attacks in the days I was leaving and the day I left country I think there was 6 or 7 just during daylight hours. A couple landed right across the street where I was waiting to leave for the Flightline. Yeah Close!!! It was time to go!!!! It was also during Ramadan, that probably had something to do with it. Ramadan is Rockets And Mortars All Day and Night :)
Once home I had a great time, with everyone. My kids were awesome to come home to. Especially Ava, I was over here when she was born so we met and got to know each other pretty good. Well I have to cut this one short because I have a meeting to go to. I will finish up Part 2 in a day or two.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home